The glazed donut burger, the Luther-burger, is something you never knew you craved, until you hear about it. The perfect mix of sweet and savoury makes for a wonderful combination of flavours.
The Luther-burger is as easy to make as any other burger, but twice as satisfying!
Krispy Kreme or other glazed donut
Ground beef mince
American cheese slices
- Craft a patty from the beef mince, suitable to match the size of your glazed donut and place on the grill.
- Whilst the burger patty is cooking, grill bacon rashers (2 per burger tends to work best).
- After flipping the burger, place the slices of cheese on top, so they start to melt.
- Slice open the donut down the middle.
- Place the burger with cheese on the donut “bun”, then place the bacon on top.
- Place the other half of the donut on top and serve hot with waffle fries!
This meal works well with ketchup, but with the melted cheese in the burger, a sauce is only necessary if you desire one. Enjoy!