This plaited pizza bread is perfect for sharing with friends. It’s great for dipping in all kinds of sauces and is surprisingly easy to make.
500g pizza dough
350g shredded mozzarella cheese
100g pizza sauce
30ml olive oil
1. Split the pizza dough into 3 equal part. Using a rolling pin, gently form each piece into a 4″ by 18″ rectangular strip.
2. Spread pizza sauce over each of the pieces, leaving a 1/2″ strip clear along one long edge of each of the pieces, and 1″ clear on each of the ends.
3. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and pepperoni across the strips, covering the same sections as the pizza sauce.
4. Roll each of the strips up, carefully sealing the long edge of the dough with the clear 1/2″ strip as overlap.
5. Gently press on each end of the strips, slowing the tubes.
6. Place the 3 tubes parallel to eachother and start to plait them together by folding the tubes over one another into the middle.
7. At each end of the plait, use the flattened ends of each tube to join the tubes together, and fold this underneath the plait.
8. In a container, mix together 40g of parmesan cheese powder, a small handful of breadcrumbs and a half-teaspoon of salt.
9. Lightly glaze the plait using olive oil, and sprinkle the container of seasoning over the glaze.
10. Bake at 190 degrees celcius (gas Mark 6) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with a choice of barbecue or hot chilli dips and enjoy!