Potato skins are a delicious side to a main meal, or great served as a snack. This easy to follow recipe makes a simple snack that has some huge flavors.
Grated mature cheddar
- Bake the potatoes, either in the microwave or conventional oven.
- Cook the pancetta in a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Cut each baked potato in half. Scoop out the insides of the potatoes, leaving a thin layer of potato on the skins. The insides can be saved for a later date, to use in another recipe.
- Brush a light layer of oil across the inside and outside of the potato skins.
- Fill each potato with a mix of cheeses, mixing in the cooked pancetta.
- Sprinkle a small amount of herbs and finely sliced kale on top of each of the skins.
- Bake the skins for a further 15 minutes, until the cheese melts and the skin becomes crispy.
Enjoy the skins with a sour cream and chive dip.