Slow cooked pork shoulder makes for the perfect meat for a pulled pork burger. It goes great on its own in a bun or with coleslaw and other condiments.
Large pork shoulder
500ml barbecue sauce
40ml tomato ketchup
1 large onion
2 teaspoons chilli powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 clove of garlic
- Cut any major pieces of fat off of the pork shoulder. (These can be kept to make pork scratching a or used as stock)
- Peel the onion and garlic, and chop as finely as possible.
- Insert all ingredients into a slow cooker and thoroughly mix them.
- Cook on medium for 1 hour, then, after mixing the contents again, turn up to high heat and cook for a further 5 hours.
- After 6 hours of cooking, you should be able to pull the pork apart. Use two forks to shred the meat.
- Mix the sauce in and around the pulled meat, so it is all covered up, then cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve immediately with with fresh buns and your choice of sides!